GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
§ 1 Customer information: applicability
The following general terms and conditions (T&C) regulate the contractual relationship between Artist Room Berlin GbR and the consumers and companies that purchase goods from our shop www.artistroomberlin.de. We do not acknowledge terms that contradict or deviate from our terms and conditions. The language of the contract is German.
§ 2 Contract conclusion
(1) Offers placed on the internet represent a non-binding invitation to purchase goods.
(2) You can put one or more products in the shopping cart. While making the order, you enter your data and requests regarding payment method, delivery mode, etc. When you click on the Order button, you submit a binding order to conclude a purchase contract.
(3) Confirmation of receipt is sent immediately by email, at which point your acceptance of the offer will be declared and the purchase contract concluded.
§ 3 Customer information: contract text storage
We store your order with the details of the contract concluded (e.g. item, price, etc.). You can read the General Terms and Conditions at any time before or after contract conclusion on our website: https://www.artistroomberlin.de/agb. As a registered customer, you can access your previous orders in our customer login area (artistroomberlin.de).
§ 4 Customer information: corrections
You can correct your entries at any time before placing an order by using the delete key. We will inform you of other opportunities to correct mistakes throughout the order process. You can end the order process at any time by closing the browser window.
§ 5 Legal guarantee rights and limitation
(1) Guarantee rights
Legal guarantee rights apply to our products.
(2) Limitation of guarantee rights for consumers purchasing second-hand goods
Two deadlines apply to your guarantee rights, both of which apply from delivery of your second-hand goods.
We shorten the liability period for defects from two years to one year.
However, you can exercise your claim for defects that arise within this liability period until the statutory limitation period of two years has expired.
Claims to compensation for damages and defects that we concealed maliciously are excluded from the shortened liability period, as are warranty claims that we have assumed for the quality of an item. The statutory limitation periods apply for these excluded claims. The longer limitation period applies if a warranty limitation period in favour of the warantee is provided.
(3) Limitation of legal guarantee rights for companies
Your legal guarantee claims for defective goods purchased expire one year from the transfer of risk. Exceptions apply to the following:
- claims to compensation for damages
- claims due to maliciously concealed defects
- warranty claims
- recourse claims pursuant to secs. 445a, 478 German Civil Code (BGB)
- claims due to defects of building parts and materials, which, when used in a customary manner for a building or structure, caused it to be defective.
The statutory limitation periods apply to these excepted claims. The longer period in the purchaser’s favour applies in the case of a warranty period.
§ 6 Limitation of liability
We accept no liability for slightly negligent breaches of duty, as long as these do not affect contractual duties, damages to life, limb or injury to health, warranties or claims pursuant to the Product Liability Law (ProdHaftG). The same applies to breaches of duty through our agents or legal representatives. Contractual duties include, in particular, the duty to transfer the item and its ownership to you. Furthermore, we must transfer the item to you free of defects of quality and title.
§ 7 Consumer information: Participation in a dispute resolution process
We must participate in a dispute resolution process before the following nominated consumer arbitration board: Universalschlichtungsstelle des Bundes - Zentrum für Schlichtung e.V., Straßburger Straße 8, 77694 Kehl, www.verbraucher-schlichter.de